Website bookers must agree to all our protocol listed below including cancellation policy.
All guests must agree to our Covid -19 policy and other terms.
AirBnB guests must abide by that cancellation policy as your booking is not directly with us.
COVID – 19
- No guest in the group must come to our property who is unwell with Covid 19 symptoms such as a continuous cough/high temperature/loss of taste or smell. Any other member of their household must also self-isolate for the recommended period of time and test clear for Covid 19 before joining the rest of the party.
- All guests in the party must make arrangements to return home immediately if any member of the party tests positive for Covid 19 during their stay.
- If you feel you have no choice but to stay in the property beyond the length of your booked stay, then you will be liable for the costs of all affected bookings, including cancellations of other guests due to the presence of COVID-19 on the premises.
- Linen must be stripped from the beds and put in bags provided before you leave, including all towels.
- Please see our Covid-19 cleaning protocol below for more details.
Check-in and Check-out
- You must vacate the property by 9.45am on the day of departure.
- Please make sure you have all your belongings as there is a £10 charge plus postage to return any items that are left behind.
- Check-in is not before 3.30pm. Please do not arrive beforehand and wait as this may cause a further delay in the preparation of your accommodation. Please let the host know your approximate time of arrival. There is a key lockbox outside each property for contact free check-in. The host will leave a welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk and cakes/biscuits for your arrival.
- The property must be left in a clean and tidy state with washing up completed and put away (or loaded into the dishwasher and switched on), bins emptied, rubbish put in dustbins nearby and any dog mess cleared hygienically from the back yard at Brummell Barn.
- This protocol is subject to change with new government guidelines.
Cancellations (Website bookers only)
- In all cases the booking including the deposit will be refunded if there is a local (either ours or yours) or a national lockdown preventing travel or overnight stays.
- In the case of a government limit of numbers (eg. Rule of 6) then the 10% deposit is non-refundable and every effort will be made to rebook your stay if you decide to cancel less than 14 days beforehand. However as travel may not be banned and the property is still available, then you are liable for the full cost of the booking.
- In the case of illness due to Covid 19 which prevents you from travelling after payments have been made– you will be refunded according to our cancellation policy.It is suggested that you take out travel insurance.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival a charge equal to 100% of the stay will be made.
- If the booking is cancelled 14 or more days before arrival then a charge equal to 10% of the stay will be made. Every effort will be made to resell your booking we then refund the balance minus the 10% deposit.
- We reserve the right to change or cancel the holiday if circumstances dictate. This may include damage to your holiday cottage due to flood/fire or by persons unknown. It may also include occupation of the property by previous guests unable to leave due to illness. In this case we will refund the cost of your holiday in full. We are not liable for any other costs incurred and these must be covered by the guest, so full holiday insurance cover is advised. Ferry travel can usually be refunded by the ferry operators.
We are not responsible for finding you alternative accommodation.
Dogs (Brummell Barn only)
- A maximum of TWO well-behaved dogs at Brummell Barn at a cost of £3 per dog per day are permitted but unfortunately NO DOGS are accepted at Rowborough Cottage.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead in the farmyard and under control when out on the land. Please be aware that there may be livestock in the fields at any time and any dog can chase or kill an animal or cause them distress/injury resulting in death.
- All dog mess must be cleared away at all times from the outside of the property.
- No dogs must be left alone as they can become distressed and damage property.
- Dogs must not be allowed on beds or on the furniture. We would very much prefer dogs not be allowed in bedrooms and to be left in the kitchen area where there is a tiled floor.
Bookings (All guests)
- You must be over 21 years old to make a booking. We also cannot accept any bookings where the party has a majority of the guests under 21. If this is the case we have the right to cancel your booking and you will receive a refund under the terms of our cancellation policy. A full refund will be given if we are told within 48 hours of booking.
- Brummell Barn may sleep no more than 12 people plus 2 infants in cots unless given written permission. Any additional people staying without permission above these numbers will be asked to leave as they are not insured.
- Rowborough Cottage is advertised for 5 people plus 1 infant. One bed is a small double (4ft) in a small single room and is not designed for 2 adults. If however guests choose to sleep 2 children in this bed, it is allowed without charge. We would allow 6 people in the cottage plus 1 infant under these circumstances.
- Please check your confirmation of booking carefully and inform us of any errors immediately.
- We take a 10% non-refundable deposit on booking unless due to local or national lockdown.
- The full balance is required if booking less than 31 days before the start of your stay.
- The balance is due 31 days (or one calendar month) before your stay. We will send an email reminder with a link to the secure card payment. If the balance is not paid in full by 14 days before arrival we reserve the right to cancel the booking and the deposit will not be refunded.
- We also reserve the right to have any of the facilities out of use for part or the whole of your stay. This includes the swimming pool, snooker room, games room or playground. These facilities are given as an extra for the duration of your stay, free of additional charge, and no compensation is due if temporarily out of use. We aim to keep them all open all year. Every effort will be made to fix any breakdown as soon as possible but their provision is not guaranteed.
- We will not compensate guests if any of the utilities are out of use for short periods (eg. water/electricity) due to circumstances out of our control but will discuss claims if due to mechanical breakdown such as heating/plumbing issues. Every effort will be made to fix issues as soon as possible.
Damages (All guests)
- We reserve the right to request a damage deposit – usually only for group all adult bookings where there may be accidental damage or alcohol related excess cleaning. The money will be returned within 2 weeks of the end of the booking after any additional costs have been retained.
- We reserve the right to ask for any damage to be paid for in full even if a damage deposit is not received. This also includes: loss of keys, breakages, excess cleaning, toileting accidents in the swimming pool, damage by pets to farm animals or chewing/scratching furniture etc.
Covid Policy (All guests)
- We are cleaning the property between all guests with anti-viral spray and floor cleaners with bleach based cleaners in the kitchen and bathrooms. These are compliant with to EN14476 standards and we have the Visit England ‘Good to Go’ certificate for compliance with highest standards of cleaning in the current climate of a pandemic.
- All cleaners are equipped with PPE and the property is chemically fogged and aired between guests.
- The swimming pool is cleaned in the high touch areas with antiviral wipes and the floors mopped.
- Guests from different cottages do not mix in the pool and have private sessions.
- All mattresses and pillows have quilted protectors which are changed between all guests.
- Any used fleece blankets are washed and duvets changed between visitors.
- As hosts, we do not enter the property with you or at any time during your stay except in emergencies when a 2m distance will be observed and face masks worn. This also applies to any workmen who may need to enter the property. We will always try to do this when you are out during the day but will inform you of the time they are expected.
- A 2m distance will be observed at all times even when outside and guests are asked to be compliant with this regulation
- Guests are asked not to come into the farm office but to knock on the window if they require assistance or ring Claudia, the host.
Guests are required to behave with consideration towards staff, the hosts and any other guests. We reserve the right to ask anyone exhibiting unreasonable behaviour to leave the property, or withdraw the use of facilities and no refund of booking costs will be made if this is before the end of their stay. Unreasonable behaviour may include:
- Excessive noise (amplified music outside after 11pm)
- Evidence of illegal drug use
- Abusive language towards us or other guests in our other property
- Damage to property without paying compensation to us, including the behaviour of dogs or dependents
- Continued inconsiderate use of facilities (even after being notified) ie. failing to keep to booking times in pool, litter or contamination left in pool area after use, failure to comply with Covid regulations
- Any behaviour which may endanger us, the hosts, staff, neighbours or other visitors to Cheverton Farm
- Inviting guests to stay overnight which exceed the number allowed in each property or inviting guests not staying in our property to use the facilities without written permission. A charge will be made if day guests use the pool of £5 per person per day.
Smoking is not allowed inside any of our accommodation or leisure facilities but may be allowed outside in the patio areas. Cigarette butts must be disposed of in a safe way and not left in flower beds. Please do not smoke in the farmyard or playground areas. One ash tray is provided for outside use at each property.
Cheverton Farm Holidays reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
Version 4 – 22/7/21 Claudia and Andrew Hodgson (hosts)
Indoor Heated Swimming Pool – No lifeguards and used at your own risk.
All guests will be provided with a swimming pool key which is for their own use during their stay. Please always make sure the pool is locked when you leave as it is danger to children.
All sessions are booked privately for each cottage for two daily sessions up to 90 minutes. Further sessions can be allowed ‘on spec’ if the pool is empty. Please do not go in expecting to able to swim if you haven’t booked a session, or share it with guests from other cottages.
Pool Bookings can be marked up on the whiteboard outside the pool up to the end of the following day with the name of the cottage and time eg. Brummell Barn 10 – 11.30.
Pool will be open from 7.00am to 10.00pm. Lights will be on a timer switch so no need to turn them on/off.
No alcohol/food/glassware in the pool area.
Please bring your own swimming towels
The pool area will be cleaned using anti-viral disinfectant. Hand gel provided to use on your way into and out of the pool area.
A specialist pool company is advising on any additional chemicals required but the use of chlorine in the water is a powerful anti-viral and anti-bacterial additive. The pool will be closed on a Friday morning for maintenance.
All babies must wear swim nappies and please report any accidents immediately for the pool to be cleaned.
Please take all possessions away with you from the pool. We suggest Brummell Barn guests change in their cottage.
The pool is 10m long and 1.5m deep across the whole length with 2 sets of steps. It may not be suited to people with mobility problems. It is kept at a temperature of 28- 29 degrees centigrade which is recommended for leisure pools but may not be quite warm enough for very young babies or children and is not as warm as a hot tub!
Additional guests to the property (not staying overnight) are charged at £5 per person per day but must have prior permission from the property owner.
The Playground can be used if guests are asked to use hand gel before playing on it and it is suggested that children wash their hands afterwards. Please make a judgement about using the playground equipment and do not allow children who are at increased risk to use it during Covid 19. It includes a climbing frame with swings/slide and a 14ft trampoline (remove shoes). Children must be supervised and there must be an adult nearby in case of accidents. This facility is used at your own risk and any damage or accidents must be reported immediately to the hosts.
The Snooker Room is currently only for use by Brummell Barn guests. Children under 12 are not allowed to use this facility and children under 16 must be supervised.
The Games Room is situated behind the main farmhouse is currently for use by Brummell Barn guests only.
The farm animals can be stroked and farm walks are available at any time. Please ask if you want to see the miniature donkeys. There are usually some lambs, sheep, pigs, or cattle in the yards and you are welcome to talk to them. We ask that you don’t feed the donkeys unless advised by the hosts, as it can be dangerous to their health. The pigs always enjoy left-over vegetables peelings, bread or fruit but not plate leftovers, meat or raw potatoes.
BRICK BBQ: Both properties have a hand-made Mediterranean style brick BBQ with grills and ash pan. You are provided with BBQ tools and firelighters but are asked to provide your own charcoal. Please clean after use and dispose of ash.